Wednesday, February 18, 2004

time to say goodbye...

My Golf was totalled because of the accident happened last week. It was quite unlucky to have theose airbags deployed. I've got some comments from the vw.watercooled news group that some of the older VW models have quite sensitive airbag sensors. I partly agree because the speed was quite slow. The estimated cost for the airbags exceed the total value of my car so it's the time to say goodbye to this poor guy. I also started a thread at the same group that asking "Am I doing right?". Some says it's quite understandable for older vehicles but some says why don't I forget about the airbags and secure the seat belt instead. No..no....I need airbags....

You can read a series of postings under my question on "rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled", with a title "time to say goodbye to my A3"